Tuesday 25 May 2010

More on toulou

So Im all set here to explain finer points about this rig, plus I have some videos of animation tests from certain parts of the body.

So let me first start off with the UV mapping, well that was a real pain the arse, a UV map is essentally your MESH (the actual model) layed out flat so that you can then paintyour texture onto them, there are several different ways of doing this, one is to extract certain body parts off and UV mapp and texture them sepereatly, this couldnt work for me as the systems I was working on couldn't handle it, so the process I had to take was to use the 3D paint tool and paint the basic marking ont o the MESH of there certain areas of clothing adn fur went, this was easy enough until I had to bring it into photoshop to paint onto, becuase the UV mapping doesnt automatical place everything easy and ready to do, you need to CUT AND SEW bits together, I tired so hard to do this but for some reason it just wouldnt work, so i decided to cut my loses and paint what I could adn TRY and make it work, for the most part it did and seeing as this is my first ever MESH Im quite happy, I have the UV map and the Paint layer here for people to look at.



It looks a mess I know but it works trust me... here just take a look at my animation tests :D




Feast your eyes...

The only thing that really needed to do was paint wieghts, that means I basically tell teh skin were to react to any movement and how much to react to it, it is a very very frustrating adn complex thing, I am kind of pissed I didnt get her into a game engine but for my first attempt...

My next 3D project is going to be Human biped, so much easy I would think... and I can really concerntrate on  texturing and painting wieghts properly. I have learnt an incredible amount from this project, all the things that went wrong have still given me knowledge to progress furthure, even if it has been a really struggle.



No comments:

Post a Comment